Crystal's interviewing and learning experience in midterm

  Because the midterm is coming, these two weeks are the hardest weeks in this semester. My body is always fueled with full of anxiety, since I take 8 different courses during the first semester of my senior life, which are 23 credits in total. Sometimes I can’t even help myself crying, it’s breathtaking and worth to be worried about. After clarifying what I have been experienced currently, I feel that my most of stress is alleviated, I soon realized what has been tortured me for a long time. Alright, after all, I believe that I am gradually out of such Inferno of exams and reports. The process of preparing language learning tasks is urgent and must not be underestimated.

  I still remember last Friday was an interview with Professor Cc, which was an unforgettable experience for me, using less time and gaining more understand of what we are acquiring about. In addition, I will use “寓教於樂”, a Chinese metaphor, in order to describe this experience. Previous learning materials were reviewed again, and the ability to cooperate with others was also trained, for all members in our group must be involved in this interview. All we have to do was to randomly choose questions to answer, a person was required to be the main answerer, and others helped that person figuring out the answer. I recalled that I got a picture with two rooms portrayed, while the other room is empty, the gadgets is messed up under the picture.

After reading the statement above, you may tell me what I should do was to put those gadgets to correct position, right? No, definitely not! I was required to tell the difference between the two pictures, and to answer which theory is the activity based on. The answer was information gap, a situation which is the other side possesses less or no information. I still remember an activity held by professor Cc in class a few weeks ago. Everyone got a picture on which there are several faces. One chooses a face illustrating features of that, the other must follow the instruction to guess which face does the person pick. Safely going through the midterm interview as I did, I felt relieved and refreshed because of finishing the second subject in midterm. Additionally, this interview made me realize the importance of applying curricular activity, I can collect this useful method as one of my teaching materials in the future! How lucky I am!

The learning journal never ends, even if the schedule is delayed because of preparing for midterm. This week’s achievement is watching a video of introducing oneself in German, it’s called “Introduce yourself in German (for absolute beginners)”, which is released by Super Easy German on Youtube. The video includes bilingual subtitles for beginners, German and English. The function is friendly for me, because I can not only listen to what Germans are talking, but also compare the difference between German and English words. For instance, “Mein name ist Rosi.” is “My name is Rosi” in English, this is only different in words. After I finished the four-minute-long video, I will continue to watch this video as one of my learning materials. Because this video is worthy to familiarize the concept of “swamp”, training capablities in reading and listening.

留言