My first time soaking in a multilingual-teaching class
It was a cold and humid Friday, I climbed onto the mountain by bus
in order to attend the first multilingual-teaching class. Interestingly, today’
s spotlight are ourselves, instead of our teacher. Even though I felt sleepy,
sober, or lazy, I must finish my mission in teaching others German. The first
lesson I had learned before the class finished: Duty, no matter how doomed I felt,
how do I want to take a day off, I still have to take responsibility to my
students. After arriving at the classroom, I noticed our group was the first
one to be on stage, all of us were nervous about that. I am curious about the
feeling of being on stage: won’t the teachers be nervous before facing with
students? If so, how do they overcome this crucial obstacle? Despite this
question echoed, the first teaching was in our turn, then we will soak in the
world of Spanish and Korean.
This was my first time to
teach foreign language in public. For me, I never teach English publicly, not
to mention German, a strange language that I am still unfamiliar with. Our
teaching opened with basic parts, because German for most people are difficult.
Thus, we started with numbers and alphabets, so as to connect German with
students. I noticed that that students were focusing on our content at first;
however, as the time passed by their situation began to deteriorate. I realized
that our arrangement may be weird for them, from basic level to German culture.
Even if I felt frustrated when I saw their eyes becoming dull, I must finish my
duty to introduce all I know about German culture. Fortunately, it was the end
of the class, I overcome one of the presentations which annoys me the most.
Most importantly, I also found that German is not the most suitable language,
Thai, Spanish, and Japanese are better for me.
The second and third session
are Spanish and Korean, I felt more relieved during the classes without feeling
anxious about presentation. I was shocked when I first hear others taught in
Mandarin, Oh my gosh! I didn’t even know we can speak our mother language
during the session, and so did my group members. The Spanish group collected
several brief conversations, which are inclusive of some words and basic
greetings. Their arrangement was very impressive, brief introduction, small
competition, and singing songs. Although I regard their teaching methods as a
copy of Jose Li(copy doesn’t mean plagiarism here), a Spanish teacher in our
school, they still did a very good job. They combined all basic elements of a
class, but it was impressive and eye-catching. I could collect and memorize
some useful words(adjectives) to describe an object. In addition, they also
provided some greetings so that we won’t be no longer afraid of meeting people
who speak Spanish. Finally, they played a song in the end which brought their
class to another level. (Jose also does so in his class.)
留言
張貼留言