My reflection of reviewing

The last Friday of 2020 is December, 25, which was Christmas, and the day of teaching review. That day was also a clod and humid day, however, our hearts was warm and desirable instead. In order to improve our teaching, we regarded others’ feedback from Google Docs as our priority. I realized that we put too much teaching materials during our first session, for we considered the teaching project the “only” teaching part, which was very least interaction with students. What’s more, I also noticed that all of our group members are introvert, we are too shy to interact with strangers, this is what we must improve. For me, I am a person who is able to change my personality between extrovert and introvert among various occasion; however, I will be shy to fit people who are introverts around me. That’s why I can’t contribute my strength and knowledge here. Fortunately, the review session of our group was absolutely successful, I observe student’s eyes were shining, which means the strategy worked, and so does other groups. I will share my own observation and perspectives of our group, since they are worth to be remembered.

The German group put many activities today, including reviews, sharing and Kahoot. First, we start reviewing from alphabets to numbers, then focuses on greetings and conversations. I was afraid that students would be bored with us, but luckily they absorbing the contents very well. Then we moved to the German digit bingo activities to test whether they remember how to say that in German, it worked.

 The review parts ended; the interaction parts with students went on. This meant it’s my turn to rise the atmosphere up, and my experience on hosting activities gained, what an enlightenment! I asked others whether they want to share their own learning process with me, nobody answered. Knowing that somebody must guide them to share, I shared my obstacles of learning German at first time and showed my sincerity to them. Therefore, someone shared his learning process. I still remember he said German was difficult at first, including alphabets and the content. As long as he understands German more and more, it’s no longer annoying to him. After listening to some of the student’s, I summarized this part: “Everyone experiences unique learning process. No matter whether it’s beneficial or useless, that’s your own memories in life. All we want to do is to make you create and immense in the learning environment, then enjoy the growth and ample enlightenment on your own.”

The sharing ended, and here came our climax of the class, Kahoot. People who won the first or second place would be awarded, thus students were making their efforts to won the prize. The responding and answering rate of Kahoot were beyond my imagination, most students answered them correctly. At the end, the first and the second prize winners generated, getting exquisite lollipops from us. Others envied so much that they did not won the prize, this showed we created a learning atmosphere definitely successful, for students are willing to learn and try their best.


留言