Overall reflection
My first impression of this class was from my junior sister. When I
asked her some suggestions about which required class I should elect, she
strongly recommended this class. “This class was not only easy but also
worth-learning, for you can learn some experience from here.”, she said with
her bright eyes. “What kind of experiences?”, I asked, with my confusion and
curiosity. “Learn and teach a foreign language in public, including some
teaching methods.” Listening from her personal experiences, I was totally
fueled much energy and enthusiasm, determining to get this credit. Fortunately,
I seize the opportunity with luck, thus I started my fantasy learning journal.
This journal was both smooth but bumpy, but I am quite satisfied with the
overall result, for I already tried my best.
The first part will be teaching methods from class. These are worthy
to take away, because they are capable of applying in actual teaching sites. For
instance, fluency circle is a way that “repeating” what we learned, this can be
another way to review. As long as frequently reviewing a certain content, a
lecture for example, I am more familiar with that. Another reason I consider
this method works is that the frequency of appearing. In other words, the more
times you see a words, the much desire to remember comes up. Because our brain
reminds us this word appears so many times, we may have chances applying it,
both for conversations and assignments. I recall Professor Cc led us to
experience this method all on our own in actual; we got a dialogue for us to
remember. First, read it aloud to get the first impression. Secondly, try to
share your information to others, but reduce the time we look at the script as
less as possible. Third, don’t look at the script, convey the idea in your
brain to others. Even if this way may be regarded as dull or repetitive, I
still recommend it to be one of teaching methods. For this can construct our
memories, make students familiarize the content, and provide a required time
for them to review. What’s more, I also noticed a group teach Korean with this
method I their video, showing that this way is useful to every instructor.
The second will be some obstacles I had encountered while learning
German. Consequently, I induce some reasons of why obstacles generating. First,
I had never learned German before. When the main theme final project was
decided, I felt powerless since I was unfamiliar with this language. “Why we
choose the most difficult one as our final project?” After pondering this
question, I found that perhaps this is a challenge, god wants me to conquer it.
Therefore, I chose to take it, making every effort to do my best. Secondly, it
may be frustration due to my studies after midterm. There were so many tests
and assignment among every class; this absolutely disturbed my mindset. “Am I
strong enough to finish this class?”, self-doubt came up, plus my frustration
of learning German.
留言
張貼留言